Oh I cant wait to get the boat back in the water. First addition is a new carbon fiber 43" wheel. I know it won't make us faster or sail better but it sure does look nice. BUT the newly template faired keel should make a huge difference and I can't wait to play with that. Other projects include the addition of an additional water tank on the starboard side and a redesigned distribution center for the water maker and storage tank selection.
Before the fairing, notice the pregnant guppy bulge in the center of the keel
And afterwards a beautifully shaped foil, just like the designer planned. After the removal of 1/4 inch of lead down the center of each side Peregrine is 300 pounds lighter and now should be able to point like her polars say she should.
Sometimes its just because
This water distribution center is located in the aft end of the bilge. It allows easy access for the port and starboard storage tanks as well as control of where the watermaker outputs. Also shown is the new port water tank which holds 18 gallons and matches the starboard side tank.
Deck layout redesign
Over the last month I have removed all of the deck hardware, filled the holes and will soon begin laying the hardware out in a more intuitive and efficient layout. The main problem that is being addressed is removing halyard winches from the mast and mounting them on the deck about mid-cabin. Included in the projects are upgraded lines and hardware, new Dynema life lines and few organizational tweaks. In a nutshell when finished we will have the Main Sheet terminated on both sides of the companion way to winches, the spin and jib halyards led to winches on both sides of the cabin top. So far the project has netted a weight reduction of over 120 pounds. The project is a balance between setting the boat up for racing with a crew, maintaining its original aesthetics and fixing the inability to trim the main when the dodger is up while cruising. Pictures to follow upon completion.
Engine Control Panel
Finally after repairing the the hatch slides and installing a new grab rail in the cabin on the centerline I was able to complete the instrument installation. New Nexus instruments and the housing over the companion way. All of the wiring for the instruments was hidden under neath the teak trim or behind the bulkhead.
I also replaced the laminate at the chart table and rewired the entire boat, pulling new wire and connecting up the new Blue Sea System electrical panels.
* Engine Control Panel replaced and new wiring
Winter 2008 Projects
* Replaced all of the head hoses and fresh water hoses
* Cutlass bearing and shaft replaced, prop balanced.
* Thru hulls and valves all replaced with Bronze addition of sea strainer for cooling intake.
* Epoxy barrier coat
* Bottom paint
* Stanchions re-bed
* Rudder cap replaced
* Auto pilot replaced
* Minor cracks and dings repaired and gel-coated
* New Dodger
* Mast and boom painted
* New standing rigging
* New tricolor/strobe at the masthead along with a new VHF antenna
* New life lines
* Webasto 5000 cabin heater installed.
* New wiring throughout the boat and engine
* New AGM House Bank
* New AGM Start Battery
* New Running Rigging
2008 Mast Rebuild
One of the first items we addressed was reworking of the mast. and the boom. All of the wiring was replaced, the mast and boom were painted and hardware was replaced as needed also the standing rigging was replaced.